Job Type: Permanent (Eligible for benefits)
Duration: April-November Full Time 30-40; December-March: Part Time Hours (12-20)
Rate: $25-$35 an hour with tips; not including mileage reimbursement, plus credit of Booch trades at the markets, and the perks of a flexible schedule! Oh and sweet Booch merch!?
Hourly, Base + Tips + Mileage reimbursement:
Average, total pay for this position based on most recent pay periods is $30 per hour (not including mileage reimbursement that adds roughly $100 per week)
High end $35, low end $28.00
Off-season markets average $27.00 per hour
High end $28.00, low end $25
Hourly base rate: $21
Schedule: Wednesday-Friday 1pm-8pm; Saturday 7am-3pm; Sunday 7am-3pm; Can rotate for fridays off
Positions Available: 1 Position Available
Our Market Manager is responsible for the following duties, including:
- Recruit, interview, hire and train staff
- Interact with customers to develop loyalty and handle customer concerns
- Ensure market staff has their complete set and ready for markets
- Ensure market supplies are in good condition and organized
- Create employee schedules based on expected customer numbers
- Review metrics and drive sale goals
- Work with market vendors for possible collaborations
- Work with market staff to ensure rules being followed
● Process payment from customers using their phone to be able to connect to square
● Maintain a clean environment
● Make suggestions based on customer tastes and preferences
● Packing the products & supplies needed prior to/from market location
● Vendor setup/breakdown, including setting up tent, table, banner signage, setting packing up unsold products, ect,
● Be able to lift more than 30-80lbs properly
● Set up & fill hand wash station & supplies properly
● Calculate Market fee at end of the market based on sales
● Build a rapport with regular customers, vendors & market staff to create a positive atmosphere
● Be able to manage booth by yourself
● Farmers Market experience preferred but not required
-Must have valid drivers license and vehicle
-Work requires travel & ability to transport supplies & inventory
-Food handlers card preferred.
*Notice how we do not require a degree? If you have a degree that is awesome and please do not be afraid to let us know, but if not that’s awesome too! We get it, not everyone had the same opportunities, funding or for whatever reason wasn’t able to attend college. Have some experience? And you believe you can perform the tasks outline? Then please apply!
This job description is intended to describe the nature of the position and may not include all duties for the position.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage everyone who believes they can perform the tasks outlined to apply!
Please send resumes to careers@SeekingFerments.com